Sunday, December 16, 2007

Things I have learned in the last 6 months.







I can hardly believe that Maxwell is now 6 months old! Time flies by so fast! I am going to take this time to reflect on all I have learned in the last 6 months...

My baby is still the cutest one on Earth, although the Olmsted's and Terrill's have given baby Max some very stiff competition. Good thing they already win for the cutest 3 month old and 2 month old. Since Max already holds the 6 month crown.

It is okay not have a big baby, small people produce...more small people. Not everyone should be in the 90th percentile, or we would all be giants. Variety is the spice of life.

Friends who are mom's themselves are worth their weight in gold. It is so encouraging and assuring to be supported by such beautiful and strong women. I am blessed to know more than my fair share of the world's best new mommy's. If you are reading this, it is you who I am thanking.

Sleep is the least appreciated bodily functions. Man, do I miss it. Let me know if you find it. Tell it I want it to come home. The first few weeks are the worst, but then you get the hang of the whole parenting thing...it hits you...YOU ARE A MOTHER! Mom's never sleep without one eye open, I mean how else can you explain my mom catching me reading or trying to watch the Simpson's while I was suppose to be in bed! Alas, it's because a mother's work is never quite done.

You know you have reached a new parenthood low, when you are out with people who do not have children, and you speak of all the wonderful BM your child creates.

Having a child will turn a conservative, self centered, hand bag obsessed fool into a liberal free loving, make love not war, co-sleeping, organic consuming, humble pie eating, best things in life are free, safety first mommy in one moment. Your view on life on Earth changes in an instant, the moment you lay eyes on your baby.
You have a child thinking you will be teaching him all these things, and yet it is he who gives the first lesson. How to love unconditionally. Having him gave me a small glimpse of how God must feel about us. Such deep, deep, unconditional love.

I can't wait to see what great things are in store as Max moves towards his first birthday!






2 comments:

suz said...

Oh, what sweet words...it reminds me how grateful I am to have my own sweet babies.

Kimberlee said...

here here! you have a beautiful way with words, took, and i couldn't agree more. and, for the record, i am equally as thankful for you! where would i be without my advice nurse/confessional/cheerleader/friend?