Saturday, May 17, 2008

BlessingWay Ceremony for Lucas!

Over the weekend I celebrated the upcoming arrival of my little Lucas with a Blessing Way ceremony given by my dear friend Tamara. It was very beautiful and touching to be surrounded by some of the most beautiful and strong women I know as I move into the final weeks of my pregnancy. I am thankful for a pregnancy that has been blessed with very little complication.

Although I am excited to meet my little boy for the first time, I will miss being so close to him. It really wasn't until today that I realized I will never be this close to him again. Right now, he is just mine. Pretty soon I will have to share him with the rest of the world, including a dad,who is much cooler than I am, and a big brother, who he will think is much more fun than I ever will be. I am lucky to have had this special time with him.



I received some advice about teaching my children independence, I have decided to go against that...I plan on smothering my boys with so much love that no woman will ever be good enough for them. I have no shame in admitting I will be giving my boys such a complex, that the apron strings will NEVER EVER EVER, be cut.



But on a much serious note, I just wanted to give thanks to all of those women who have seen me through the transition to motherhood, I am so very blessed to know you. Thank you for all you have given me. Words cannot express the love and appreciation for the love and growth you have provided me.

No comments: