Monday, November 24, 2008

MAJOR MILESTONE!!!

WE did it! Jeff and I went on a date ALONE for the first time since both boys have been born! Our good friends Travis and Tamara gave Jeff an Outback gift card for his birthday and offered free baby-sitting. It was an offer we couldn't refuse. When we first met all four of us went out for each of our birthdays. It has become increasingly difficult to find places that are delicious and can accommodate babies in tow, of course there is always the option of going to a restaurant that has a rodent or a bird as a spokesperson.

I think our first date as parents was more awkward than our real first date together. We sat around for about 20 minutes just looking at each other, I don't think we knew what to do without Max to corral in a booth, or trying to keep Luke from screaming at the top of his lungs. But once we realized we were actually alone it was just like it was when we didn't have babies to worry about. AND we barely even talked about the babies! I am sure it was because we knew our babies were safe and being loved.

We came home to find Max still napping and Travis and Tamara fighting over who could hold Lucas. Carina was trying patiently wait out Max's nap so they could play. It was a perfect evening.

Thanks to our dearest friends who gave up a Saturday night of their own so we could connect as partners instead of just parents. Nothing too special about a steak dinner for two on a random Saturday night, unless of course you are remembering what it was like to fall in love with someone all over again.

6 comments:

Luckiest Girl.... said...

How fun! It's great to get out. It makes you appreciate the times that you have alone with each other.
I am glad you had a good night out!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

suz said...

Lucky! Those moments are few and far between for us too.

Luckiest Girl.... said...

I sent some last year in bubble wrap. They survived. If you want some let me know the names and colors. They are 2.50. No Pressure! LOL!!!
Happy Holidays!

Kimberlee said...

we're thrilled for you guys. you more than deserve a night out (great gift, travis and tamara!) kuddos, too, for talking about non-kid related stuff. that's harder to do than it would seem!

happy thanksgiving to our four favorite smoots!

Sovic Clan said...

How nice is that~? I love getting out with my hubby! But it doesn't happen often enough! I am glad you had such a great night!

Aimee said...

I just looked up the oldest email account & found an email with your email update & your blog address. I hope you remember me from good old DCFS. I used to be Aimee Ellis, but have completed grad school & married a cutie, Chris Francom, since I've talked to you. We shld catch up!

Your boys are adorable. I'm glad you're doing well!

Loves!
Aimee

PS My email is aimeefrancom@gmail.com & my blog
is www.francomfam.blogspot.com
I've missed you!!