Sunday, September 27, 2009

Power of Prayer

Max is a praying kind of fellow. I would imagine you would be as well if you had me for a mother. But that is neither here nor there. Max loves to pray. In fact, our night time prayers last so long, I start imagining Jesus looking at his watch as we drone on about all the things we are thankful for and all the people we are praying for. And we all take turns, Max even insists that Lucas takes his turn. But he never says much besides "Pray, Amen" then last night, he said in the cutest little boy voice "Dear Jesus, Happy Birthday Jesus, Happy Birthday to you. Amen". So even though I am sure it wasn't Jesus's birthday yesterday, it is in moments like that I am reminded why motherhood has been worth every bit. So if any of you could use a prayer, let us know. And maybe one day we will celebrate your arrival on Earth with a song even if it's not your "real" birthday.

3 comments:

The Halls of Fame said...

There is almost nothing better than a child's sweet innocence as he prays. It is so great to hear them be thankful for anything and everything. We had a sweet little 6 year old at church today give a beautiful prayer and I was so touched by her sincerity. What a wake up call and a reminder to be as the scripture says to "be like a little child". They are closer to the Lord than we know. Great post! Thanks

suz said...

That is so sweet. It is much better than my last night praying experience when Ben asked me to say his prayers for him and when I was done he said, "blah, blah, blah". I think the Smoot boys need to teach the Hatch boys some praying skills...and pronto!

wood0306 said...

Very cute Took... I needed that today :) Thanks for sharing!