My nephew sure gave his parents a lesson in patience! My poor tiny little sister in law was in labor for like a zillion hours and finally had to have an emergency c-section to meet her baby. I don't think Edward or Ghoi have slept since Sunday night. But Jace is finally here safe and sound. All 6.4 lbs/18 inches of him at 12:38 AM on November 11th.
Edward did a real nice job of answering texts and keeping all those waiting updated and being there for Ghoi. Except you should never trust Edward to give you stats on a baby. He just makes them up. He claimed that Jace was 21-22 inches...a little off the mark. He claims he heard someone say it sometime...yeah, right. Poor Jace is going to grow up thinking he is meant to be a basketball star when in all actuality he will probably end up on the ping pong team.
Our family was a flurry of phone calls across the globe. Borsit babies seem to know that they have family waiting for them in Thailand and Laos so they always arrive at the exact time in the world when it is either too late or too early to receive phone calls in all three countries. Nobody seemed to mind though.
During one of those phone calls my mom seemed to get pretty sentimental (which is rare) about all of her grand babies being born. So I let her retell what it was like when Alena was born, then Max, and then Lucas. And then she quips (rough translation) "oh, I feel so sorry for Edward, he is so pathetic" so I said , "mom, do you mean you feel sorry for Ghoi because she had such a rough labor and had to have an emergency c-section?". She replied "no, I was thinking of the picture of Edward in the hospital gown and cap". Now that I take a second look and look past the proud daddy look on Edward's face. She is right, he looks kind a dorky with the operating room garb on and he hasn't shaved in a few days so he has that poor excuse of a moustache.
I love my family. Only the could take something as sacred as a birth of a new child and make it a joke. Ghoi after hearing that story was laughing so hard she was crying begging me to stop telling the story because she was afraid her stitches would come lose...she fits perfectly in our family.
As you can see from the pics my favorite nephew is the cutest baby ever born on Nov. 11th! I can't wait to be Aunt. I bet I'm going to be his favorite...it helps that I'm his only Aunt and he's my only nephew.
3 comments:
Another beautiful baby born into your family, we are so excited for all of you.
LOVE that story! he is so cute. what fun those three boys are going to have together! and my prediction is that little violet will rule them all within about three years :)
Congrats!!
Post a Comment