Thursday, January 28, 2010

GO JAZZ! and other tidbits!

Wednesday night we spent the evening sans babies going to dinner and the Blazers vs. Jazz game. We have been able to go to the game for 3 of the last 4 yrs because of the generosity of CUI's president. Matt knows how big of a Jazz fan I am so really thankful he always offers up amazing season ticket seats to us when the Jazz are in town. In previous years it really hasn't been fun to be a Jazz fan at a Blazers game because the Jazz have lost. I am glad that all changed last night. Most the game was a bit lopsided. Most of the awesome players are out for the Blazers. I mean, it's pretty sad when Andrei Kirilenko dunks 5 times in the first quarter. You NBA fans will know what I am talking about.

On another note, whoever operated the jumbo-tron at Blazers game is on my shit list. I have never ever been on a jumbo-tron. All I can say is one should never have to see oneself 9 months pregnant and 50 lbs overweight on a jumbo-tron, let alone have an audience to share in the moment with.

It was a really fun date night, honestly I was surprised that 5.5 hours had passed without our kids. We didn't do anything amazing for dinner, I was craving Asian Steamers so we had dinner at the Lloyd Center food court. Our pot stickers were accompanied by fish and chips. I think that the previous sentence embodies truly why I am sure I am married to the right person, I am very pregnant, and why America is so awesome. Only at a mall food court in America could you satisfy the weird cravings of a pregnant woman and Jeff is honestly the most easy going husband on Earth. He didn't even blink twice when I said "how about we get pot stickers AND fish and chips to share"?

This morning we had a prenatal appointment. All of my blood sugars have been perfect so I only have to check my glucose levels every other day. I am amazed at what very little change in diet has done to keep my levels in healthy ranges. Violet is head down and I am basically 100 % effaced and my OB/GYN thinks we won't make it more than a week at most. All I am hoping for is to make it to Feb. 1st since that's when our flexible spending account goes into effect.

Boys are doing well. Lots of cute stories of them to share and only so much posting space. I am hoping one day to start their own little story books so I can preserve all the beautiful joyous moments that seem to get lost in the memory bank when you are busy changing diapers, giving baths, and in the general business of trying to raise little humans.

2 comments:

The Halls of Fame said...

Sounds like you had a great night! I can't wait to hear when little Violet gets here! Keep me posted! Love ya♥

Sovic Clan said...

That was a good game:) Good luck in with this week's adventure! I can't wait to see pics of Violet!