Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tualatin Rum Run 2010






Jeff and I use to run 5K's together all the time when we were first together. Let's be honest, I walked those races and Jeff ran. Those weekend events seemed like a lifetime ago. We haven't done an organized race since we found out Max was on his way.

Three years later, a double jogger stroller, and a borrowed single jogger stroller (thanks Maddie!) we made it to our first family run. Max was able to join in the fun and did the kiddie run after the adults race was finished. Lucas enjoyed a Hawaiian shaved ice fed to him by a cute blonde. So all the way around it was a blast for everyone. We are excited that it is going to become a tradition for our family. I mean, who can say no to a run that rewards you with a beer and mojito at the finish line?

3 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Your kids are way too cute! I love the one of your hubby and little man running!

Sarah Lee said...

WAy to go! What a great family tradition.
I am sad to say i've never run... anything. The most I ran was when we were in aerobics with the demonic Lori Rupp. wait... I did run about 2 miles 2-3 times a week in college... but that was short lived. Someday huh? I've always worked out, but running was just never my strong suit.

suz said...

What a fun tradition! Remember when we "ran" the MS race ages ago? Wish we could have been there too!