Monday, August 2, 2010

July 31st, Year 7




As you exit Highway 101 you get a glimpse of the ocean and Haystack Rock. It never ceases to take my breath away. I love Cannon Beach. I love Haystack Rock, probably because I fell in love with my husband on our first trip there. Every year we make our pilgrimage to where it all began for us and get a snapshot. Those pictures are some of my most favorite snapshots of our family. Sad thing is, they happen to be some of the most unflattering pictures of us. Someone is always looking off in the distance, grimacing instead of smiling, hair is being wrecked havoc on by coastal winds, there are children with sand everywhere, baby weight clinging on for dear life, and untrimmed beards. Yet, I love that each picture has told a story for what has happened since our last visit. The hopeless romantic in me feels infinitely blessed that I fell in love with my soul mate against such a beautiful backdrop.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you all look truly amazing and your love is tangible in these pictures.

Tiffany Daybell said...

No need to worry! You look beautiful and your family is absolutely gorgeous!

mollyb said...

Congratulations Took! You guys look great, so happy - and indeed blessed.

suz said...

I can't believe it's been 7 years! I love your tradition.

Unknown said...

Yay, the Oregon coast! I am particularly fond of Lucas's "Oscar the grouch" T-shirt. ;)