Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh, baby it's a wild world, and I'll always remember you like a child, girl.

Lily arrived on May 14th, 2011 at 1:22am. She is the last of 4 closely spaced children. She sleeps through war cries of battling brothers, big sister tantrums, 2 fat dogs barking at any given time, and a Mom with a naturally loud voice. It probably helped that she spent the first week of her life connected to a bili-blanket. They are loud and bright. Her world will never be quiet or zen-like in this household.

At the very best she will only have her room to be her quiet place. Everywhere else in her home will be game for noise and chaos. But my prayer for her as she grows is she will find peace and comfort first in her Maker, unconditional love and support from her parents as she finds her way through this wild world, an unbreakable bond with her siblings because they will be only people on Earth who will know her story from the beginning and likely be with her until the time comes for life to come to a complete circle and she is ready to be with her Maker, again.

With all that said, all of that living can wait for another day. For now in these next few fleeting yet oh, so sweet moments, she is my tender little baby girl who has me completely and dizzily in love. And, I hope she knows my arms will always be ready to wrap around her when she needs to be reminded just how loved she is in this crazy and wild world we live in.








6 comments:

Kimberlee said...

gorgeous. just gorgeous.

Sovic Clan said...

You really make such beautiful babies! I swear I am done and then you go and make another cutie:)

Luckiest Girl.... said...

She is beautiful Took. I really think you should write a book. You always have a way of writing things that I love! Congratulations and I hope Mommy is doing good too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Congrats!

The Circus said...

That was beautiful. She's beautiful, but what you wrote was beautiful.
I actually needed that.

Tiffany Daybell said...

I second what Stephanie said, I really, really needed that. Took, I'm so in awe of your ability to be such a great mother and also have such an eloquent way to speak about it. Great mothers are such a precious thing. And so is the bond between a mother and daughter. And, oh my goodness, I miss my mom right now. Love you! PS - your bag will be coming soon, I promise!