This is as good as it will ever get for a sibling shirt picture with young children. I am thankful it was the last I will ever coordinate. I was so proud of myself that morning since I got them ready and out the door all by myself for the first time and we made it to our destination on time. No yelling, no tears, no threats of bodily harm involved. Just a well-timed orchestration of my fledgling mother of four skills.
When I sent out this picture my mother in law responded with "what a mess of humanity on the couch". I was confused at the response because I don't see a mess at all when I look at that picture. All I see is four reasons to still believe in everyday miracles, reason to hope for a brighter future, God's greatest blessing in my life, and a reminder that second chances at love and marriage are worth every bit of heartache one has to endure.
Our love story is messy, our house, our car, even our family of origin stories are fraught with messes left and right, half the time we can't remember which child has had a recent bath so we have go by the smell test. So maybe she is right, it is a mess! Oh, but what a beautiful mess they are! One I couldn't imagine my life without. What a splendid mess I am in the midst of!
3 comments:
My message would be what a blessing of beautiful joy. You are so great with your crew of beautiful babies. I marvel at your strength in getting your perfect dream.
My caption would read "all this because two people fell in love" and my you never stop.
I asked Carina what she saw in this picture and she said "happiness"
Post a Comment