I could go on and on about my little girl. Sometimes it's just too overwhelming how much I love and adore her. I am smitten and taken by her. She drives me nuts and yet I am just wild about her. I sat here thinking something beautiful and eloquent would pour out of my heart and onto the screen but then it hit me, a love this deep could only be so simply put so in the words of Fancy Nancy : "And all I say back is "I LOVE YOU" Because there isn't a fancy-or better- way of saying that."
Violet is wearing a gingham dress that was handmade by her Great Grandma Smoot. It has been around for over 64 yrs. Every woman born into the Smoot family for the last 64 yrs has worn this dress and had their picture taken in it at the age of two. She also wore a traditional Thai dress from her Grandma Boon, who visited Thailand right after Violet was born. The story is she was so excited to get a dress made for Violet that she plucked a kid off the street so the seamstress could get measurements. She was not willing to leave Thailand without the dress even though at that time Violet was only weeks old. It took 2 years for her to finally fit it.
3 comments:
can i propose on henry's behalf? my goodness, what a lovely little lady you have there. she looks so much like you, took! i am noticing it for the first time, really, in these photos. love that her personality is really starting to show -- we will love getting to know her more and more as the years go by!
She is absolutely the most adorable little thing I have ever seen. I am so jealous of the gingham dress I would love some kind of tradition/heirloom like that in our family. So cute!!
I love the tradition! I love the story. What a beautiful girl. Reminds me of her mama :).
Post a Comment