

I feel so blessed that Max's first Thanksgiving was spent in my childhood home. Max got to meet his cousins Alena, Tristen, and Nathan for the first time! Max just loved Ben and was so happy to play with him, and Reed even gave Max tips on how to keep his fauxhawk in check! Max just loves his Auntie Stacy and Uncle Brock, and even though Alexa was so tired I am glad they made over on Thanksgiving night, there are no pictures of Jaxon...he was in the kitchen being fed pumpkin pie by his Asian grandmother.
Thanksgiving is by far my most favorite holiday. I love that despite culture, religion, or race, it is a holiday that most Americans can relate to and celebrate. It felt so good to be home. I loved holding my son while we slept in the room that I grew up in. Somehow, it felt like my life has come full circle. I am thankful that my parents through countless sacrifices and hard work have been able to provide a place in the world I can call "home". I love that no matter how much time has past, I have dear friends who's friendships pick up like I never left. And I love my little baby who gave smiles and cuddles to every family member and friend he came in contact with, and who did amazing during a very long car ride.
Lastly, I want to dedicate this post to my wonderful husband, who not only drove 26 hours to make this Thanksgiving happen, but also made wonderful homemade pies, and patiently showed most of the Asian population of Utah how to play the Wii.
1 comment:
It was so fun to see you! I love the picture of Jeff making pies while you are in the back holding a sleeping Max!
Post a Comment