After meeting both of Jeff's grandfathers, I knew that if I chose to use any of their names for my own children they would have great men to share the name with them. Grandpa Max is one of the most interesting, witty, and intelligent men I have ever met. He is still writing poems (good ones, at that) , solving brain teasers, and making his own furniture at 89 years old! And the man makes a mean gravy!
It was very special for Jeff and I to be able to introduce Max to his great-grandfather. I love this picture. It was one of the first moments that they had laid eyes on each other. I like how they are both checking each other out. Grandpa had stayed up until 11PM that night just to make sure he could meet little Max.
3 comments:
What a neat story (yes I just said neat).
this photo is a treasure...there is a unspoken understanding between the two of them
What a precious picture! They seem to have a bond!
Jan
Post a Comment