Friday, September 3, 2010

AFP Systems Review : FAIL. Jim Bayne : FAIL

So in the burbs' there is testing you have to do each year on your property to ensure that your sprinkler system is safe and not a threat to the water source. Most testing runs about $30.

The City of Tualatin gives you a list of providers. Seeing as we live, work, eat, shop, etc in Tualatin I went with AFP Systems because they were located in Tualatin. I figured at the very least we could support local businesses in these tough economic times.

AFP comes out. The man ( I think Mike was his name) had no clue what he was looking for. I had to show him what and where it was. He looked around. NEVER did the testing and told me that my backflow device was broken and that it would be $400 to fix it. I asked to pay him for the testing then. He told me since there was nothing to test, he wasn't going to charge me.

Subsequently, while looking for someone to fix the part I found someone who was able to test it and my device passed with flying colors. Oh, and the device wasn't broken.

Fast forward a month later. I get an invoice for $45 for "testing". I called to see what was up. I don't know what is it about me that pisses people off but snotty little office girl told me even if the testing wasn't done that it was for their time and energy. Then she asked me what I thought was fair. I am more than willing to pay a fee for a service call but if you don't do the work, it's a little obnoxious to ask for the full price. Seems sketchy to me that she asked me to name my price. At any rate, I called back after back and forth snippy converstations and asked for an invoice to be sent out with the new price. It was the third call and my kids were screaming in the background, the girl I think Kim was her name told me nevermind ,I'll take care of it. This was back in early summer.

BROKE ASS COMPANY called me today and asked me where their money was. When I asked where the invoice was and what in the world they were talking about, the girl got snotty with me again. SO when the invoice comes. I'll pay it to a company who knows nothing about customer service and nickel and dimed what could have been a life time customer seeing as. Oh, and I will be for damned sure to campaign to make sure NONE of my neighbors EVER use them for backflow testing.

AFP Systems : FAIL
Jim Bayne : FAIL

Oh, but I do give a rave review to Ernie Castro for listening to my complaint about AFP and their problems. GO CITY OF TUALATIN EMPLOYEES!

So if you need anything done with fire sprinkler systems ,don't go there. They just want your money even if they didn't do the work or have any idea how to do the work.

No comments: