Monday, February 21, 2011

Bumps, Bikes, and Pink Ice

Here is an update for all! I am entering the last 3 months of my last pregnancy. I have enjoyed a fairly comfortable pregnancy minus the puking and headaches. Well, the discomfort of carrying all sorts of extra things have started to take their toll. Just this last week, I have really been starting to feel it. Officially, I have now entered the world of stepping and bumping into my children because sometimes I can't see past my belly. I no longer have any clothes that are comfortable and stain free. So those of you who we socialize with will be seeing a certain purple (stained) kimono top and black leggings for the rest of the duration of this pregnancy. Heck, probably for a little after, as well. Baby L is doing wonderfully. Kicking and swimming all sorts of ways. Baby L has hankerings for sweet tea, melted thin mints, and cheeseburgers. Clearly, those three things makes it possible for me to pick him/her as my favorite child even before we have met.

I think Max overheard me saying to someone that I am a miracle worker(jokingly) because I can turn old handbags into balance bikes for my kids. Max now thinks I am magic. Which is fine by me. He thinks Jesus is magic and a miracle worker (they are going through all of the miracle's at preschool). I find it a bit uplifting to be lumped with such amazing company. We have enjoyed some sun the last few days which coincided with the purchase of the balance bikes. So we are having a grand time bike riding around the house and in the neighborhood. We are hoping to gain some gross motor skills for Max. Lucas, of course being the middle child would probably send me a bill for his therapy later on so we had to get one for him, as well. He loves his orange bike and Max loves his green bike. And in true boy fashion both boys have tried to pop a wheelie off the living room stairs. I foresee a E.R visit in the near future.

We attended our first sporting event as a family with some of our friends. It was Intel's Breast Cancer Night for the Winterhawks so there was quite a crowd. The boys in the family LOVED the event. Violet and I even managed to have a good time. The very manly hockey players skated on pink ice so that was fun. Jeff woke up searching for Winterhawk ticket packages for next season and the boys fell asleep with their hockey sticks humming to TNT by AC/DC. So at the very least we have become rabid hockey fans, if not AC/DC fans as well. Lovely time with lovely friends.



3 comments:

suz said...

The boys look so happy to have their bikes! They look so cute in their helmets!

Unknown said...

Mommy's are magical....and the boys look so happy good job, good trade.

The Circus said...

I dunno... I think mom's a pretty high up there