Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness!

YAY! March Madness is here. We love this time of year.  I love college hoops! It probably helped that the Utes made it to the big dance my freshman year in college. Being on campus and in the Greek system was really fun that year. I can hardly believe it will be 10 years since I graduated from college. I swear it seems like yesterday I was fighting my mom about what footwear was appropriate with a cap and gown.


Oh well, on to the update. Our family has had a rough few of weeks. I cannot believe the month is over and there was not one day where all of us were at 100% capacity. There has been one fiasco after another. I keep praying that it will slow down and I can take a breather. But, it never seems to end. I am so grateful we have family nearby. I do not think we would have survived while Jeff was gone, in surgery, or while I was so sick if it hadn't been for our family stepping in and being so great. Honestly,  I don't know what I would do without Ryan and Christi. So blessed by them!

I keep dreaming that the last 6-7 weeks will be slow so that when the baby arrives everything will be in place to go back to chaos. I wanted to relish in a calm before the storm. I am afraid I have set my heights too high this time. Even as I type we are gearing for Jeff being gone for 11 more days and family coming into town for 2 weeks. Which I am actually very blessed and grateful for. I love having my Mom close and so thankful my Dad will be able to join us even if it is for a very short few days.

Quick Quips :

Jeff: reading Born To Run, ensuring our children are provided for one quarter brick at a time by storming China, Singapore, and Hong Kong. IPad2 will assist him in the conquest.

Me : reading Love Wins, waddling, and general malcontent until I can convince this baby to be born. Diabetic and anemic, which all are signs from God to shutter up my uterus.


Max: excited to return to preschool after missing much of March due to sickness and Spring Break. Can beat the tar out of anyone on Mario Kart Wii. Will only eat certain foods so goes to bed hungry some nights only to find the same plate of chicken and rice waiting patiently for him in the morning.

Lucas: has decided that "ia" should be added to every word (i.e. Mama Mia, Movia,). Expert Engineer on all things related to a cheeky train engine named Thomas and all inhabitants of the Island of Sodor. Wheels and deals his way for all Thomas related products. Has no shame asking all relations to indulge him.

Violet : moonlights as a petri-dish and picks up all viruses and germs to be found, walking yet, only has one pair of shoes because they do not make hard soled shoes for such small feet. Loves David Crowder Band and Cee Lo Green and is a pretty terrible dancer.

Baby L :  doing great as long as I keep up the diabetic diet and iron pills. Loves to swim in the middle of the night when things are quieting down. Oh, loves when older siblings come up and kiss and rub on him/her.

Here's to hoping everyone has a wonderful spring ahead of them. We are looking forward to meeting our baby and being able to be together outside. And of course, celebrating the upcoming Easter season!

3 comments:

The Circus said...

Target used to have hard sole shoes clear down for infant size 0... Though it's been awhile since I've neede them, so maybe they don't anymore?

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I like that you want to be prepared for the chaos-- you are one knowing momma. Hang in there Took!

Sarah Lee said...

You are a crazy woman and I love you for it! I NEVER in a million years would have picked you out of a line up of the gaggle of girls we went to high school with as the one who would have 4 kids in 4 years!
Don't worry, as kids get older the sicknesses come MUCH less often. Infact, no one here has been to the dr in almost a year! Here's to your familia's health! (notice the ia in there?) Can't wait to see what that wee one will look like and what he/she shall be names, as I tend you quite like your choices thus far ;)