We had family pictures last night...it was the most underwhelming experience of my life! I really loved our family photos from last year and they took some amazing shots of Max last year, so I had really high hopes going into the evening. Too bad for me, photo studio lady had other plans. I will limit myself to three rants about PSL.
1. When I tell you that you could get amazing shots of my son, if you used Barney instead of your stupid feather duster...you should listen...I'm his mom, I know what makes the kid happy. In fact, you could call me an "expert" smile-getter when it comes to my son. I've been in the business for the last 16 months.
2. My four month old can't sit up on his own yet...nor can his 16 month old brother hold him up. Trying to pose him in a sitting position just pisses him off, he's a fat little man in baby jeans for heaven sakes, give the baby a break! So that's why he wouldn't smile for you...you should have put him on his back or stomach...like I mentioned to you before we started...I know I am going to sound like a broken record...but, I know how to make my kids smile, even if it is only for a second.
3. I am a self-confessed non color coordinating kind of gal. But, even I wouldn't have used the atrocious backgrounds for the pictures you chose to "coordinate" with our clothes. AND before you unfairly judge me about my choice in clothes...those you of reading my blog...we had on navy blue tops and jeans. It can't be that hard to find a nice backdrop, right? It wasn't like we showed up in hot pink and orange.
In the end we got one "good enough" shot of the whole family, 3 crappy ones of Max, 1 so-so of the boys together, and 3 pretty darn cute ones of Lucas. I guess this is good, since I will not be tempted to buy lots of pictures.
Please help my mental health status this holiday season by making sure to compliment (I won't even care if it's not sincere) our Christmas card you receive, so I can rationalize all the hassle that was this photo shoot and all the hours spent on figuring out what to wear before hand. AND this is a good time to note, if I don't have your address, please kindly send me your address via email.
THANK GOODNESS it is all over! From now on, I think I am going to forgo the photo studio session and maybe hire a more artistically gifted photographer. I really want to capture the true spirits of my children in photographs. I should have known their best moments wouldn't be captured in a studio at 7:30 at night. Blah.
6 comments:
That sucks girl! I am totally with you! I have people do very stupid things with my kids for pictures, and my kids are not interested in what they want them to do! Mom's know best!
YOU CRACK ME UP. YOU MUST WRITE A BOOK. i will now forever add "smile expert" to my ever-increasing list of titles, thanks to this post. i have a feeling, though, that i will beg to differ with your "blah" family photo as it's nearly impossible for the four of you to look anything but adorable!
good thing we all know what a beautiful family you are
Picture day really does suck. Those little photo ladies never listen to the MOms who know everything. Sign me up I would love to see the photos!
That was great! made me laugh cuz i've totally been there. Gotta love those people taking pictures of kids who aren't really good with kids.
I am not sure if you remember me but we went to High school together. Anyway, I have a lot of clients that are so fearful of that dreaded picture session. A lot of photographers go to your home too so you might want to look into someone like that
Post a Comment